Thursday, September 1, 2005

Psychotherapy Anyone?

Another new member added to the household! When will it ever end? Although, this time, I'm trying to be gracious and understanding. It appears that my daddy's human brother, Wayne, arrived from Bay St. Louis, MS today to escape the conditions from hurricane Katrina. He is a critial care nurse at Hancock Hospital.

Wayne worked for 3 days straight with little food, no working toilets and water up to his waist. I must say I don't understand the need for working toilets, but the humans place a big priority on that. Anyway, I'm told he's here for at least 4 weeks. Four dogs and three humans in one small house is going to be a tad stressful. Warning: he is NOT getting any of my food. Hey, if I play my paws right, he may actually share his food with me. Oh, I like the sound of that.

I was very saddened to hear of all the pet loss across the coast. My little heart was full of grief, knowing how dependant on humans we all are. My mom got really teared up watching the news accounts. We should all join paws, hands and hearts across the country to help those devastated by Katrina. Click here for the Humane Society's Secure Donation Site. Thanks pals!

No comments:

Post a Comment